Linux System Admin
As a well-established Hampshire company with a growing team we are looking for a Linux System Admin who will join our leading development team, working on a set of high profile dating websites. The Company has seen strong growth during tough times by maintaining an entrepreneurial environment.
We are always looking to go that extra mile to make our business stand out from the crowd and outpace our competition. We believe to do this every person in our Company needs to play a key role in our success and by joining the team you will realise just how important each individual is to the overall success of the Company. This is an excellent chance to make your mark on a rapidly growing Company and to be involved in the development of exciting new products.
Within this position you will be working under the direction of a development manager in a variety of tasks, focusing mainly on security, speed and reliability. We are currently running around 4 clusters of servers totalling around 70 Centos boxes, which is increasing alongside traffic.
To be successful for this role you must have:
- Minimum of 3 years in Linux administration
- Minimum of 3 years in server scripting & security
- Minimum of 2 years commercial experience with large server setups
- Strong understanding of MySQL & Networking
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- Apache/Nginx/Varnish Server Admin
- MySQL/Membase/Memcache Management & Optimisation
- Strong scripting skills in PHP & Shell
- Full understanding of Centos/Windows
- Protocols: HTTP, SSL/TLS, TCP, IDP, IP inc.V6, DNS, NFS, Samba, SOAP & REST, P2P
- Full understanding of web standards & system optimisation
- Experience working in large load balanced environments > 100Mbit/s
With a starting salary of up to £30K (dependant on skills and experience) plus bonuses, you can be sure that you will be well rewarded for your hard work and dedication. There is also a 24/7 on call element within this role. For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org and be sure to attach your CV. We promise that all applications will be carefully considered and treated with the strictest confidence.